First United Methodist Church- Fairbury, Illinois
The Church was organized in July, 1858. The first building was erected in the fall of 1858.
The first Sunday School was organized in 1859.
A second building was begun in 1876, but was destroyed by a tornado on July 7, 1877.
On January 20, 1878 a new brick structure was dedicated. The membership of the church was 280.
The present church building was erected in 1903 at a cost of $21,874.10 and dedicated on November 15 of that year.